Wednesday, October 9, 2013

THE FORSAKEN COTTAGE


The cottage I could see it bathed in gloom
With flora all around declined to bloom.
To leave it past unheeded I did make a bid
But could only sense my limbs retard and go to skid.
Though I’d seen you off with all the cheers,
My eyes have now been almost blind with tears!
I can’t move a bit ahead in such a pensive mood
Even though you may, at times, me take so crude.
When I come to sense it all as not a dream
I feel like bursting into an insane scream.
What’s within my bosom has been set ablaze
Nothing could cool it down but a warm embrace.
Henceforth I won’t have a blissful dawn to share
But a throbbing heart to shed its grief through tear!
When stood alone to look behind the years bygone
I could only see them all within a twinkling gone!
This lovely earth as well we’ll have all to leave,
Letting behind our kith and kin with grief to heave!

No comments:

Post a Comment